After creating your first test and before assigning it to a student, you need a... Student 🤪. To access or create a Student, press the Teacher menu and then the Students sub menu as shown above in the application.
The top portion of the Students screen is then displayed as shown below.
To create a student, press the NEW STUDENT button. This will display the New Student screen as shown below.
The following describes each field 1 through 12 and how it is used in the application. All fields preceded with an * indicates a mandatory field.
(1) Student must be unique. This id is used along with the password to log the student into MyKidQuiz. The id may only contain letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. Upon leaving the field, the id will verify if the id is available and will indicate in real-time whether it is available or not.
(2) Password is used along with the student id to log the student into MyKidQuiz. Passwords must be at least 8 characters, one lowercase ('a'-'z'), one uppercase ('A'-'Z'), one digit ('0'-'9'), and one special character #$^+=!*()@%&]
(3) Confirmed Password must match the Password field.
(4) First Name is the student's first name.
(5) Last Name is the student's last name.
(6) Student Grade indicates what school grade the student is currently enrolled. This must be updated to the next school grade level before all subsequent school years start.
Note: If the students are not in primary or elementary school, then Other can be used.
(7) Month is a dropdown list that is part of the student's birthdate. This birthdate can be used for reporting if needed.
(8) Day is a dropdown list that is part of the student's birthdate. This birthdate can be used for reporting if needed.
(9) Year is a dropdown list that is part of the student's birthdate. This birthdate can be used for reporting if needed.
(10) Email Notification when checked will send the student email notifications if desired. Refer to the School Profile documentation for further information.
(11) Student's Email Address is the email address where notifications will be sent to the student. This email must be unique per registered user (teacher) and cannot be a registered user's email. In other words, if you have five teachers that use MyKidQuiz, the same student email can be used for all five teacher accounts. On the other hand, the student's id (Student must be unique for log-in purposes. Refer to the School Profile documentation for further information.
(12) Comments can be additional information you may wish to enter regarding to the student.
(13) To save the Student, press the Save button. A message will display indicating that the student was saved successfully.
(14) Back when pressed will send you back to the previous screen.
The following describes each field 13 through 18 and how it is used in the application. Upon returning to the previous screen or entering the screen from the menu, you will see a list of your existing students. From the list, you can edit, print or delete a student.
(13) Show entries when pressed presents a dropdown list with the values of 10, 25, 50, and 100. The number selected will translate to the number of student entries displayed on the screen.
(14) Search can be any value that when entered will filter only those students where a match is found in the columns.
(15) Edit when pressed will take you to the Edit Student screen where you can then update the existing student.
(16) Print when pressed will produce the Student Detail report which is an exact carbon copy of the information entered on the student screen (minus the password). The report will generate in a new window or tab. Once the report is rendered, you will be able to export the report to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, a PDF, Tiff, MHTML (web archive), CSV (comma delimited), XML file with report data, and a Data Feed.
(17) Delete when pressed will delete the student. Note: If a test or project is already assigned to the student, a message will display indicating that the student cannot be deleted. If the student is not assigned, a message will display indicating that the student was deleted successfully.
(18) Pagination when pressed will allow you to navigate to the Previous, individual numbered, or Next page of students. If 10 or less students exist or 10 students are displayed based on the minimal value of 10 in the Show entries field, then the pagination will display just 1 page and the pagination will be disabled. If multiple pages exist, then the Previous, individual numbered, and Next buttons will be available for navigation.
Hovering over some of the controls will display tooltips.