After creating a Test and at least one Student, you can now assign a test to a student. To access the Test Assignments, press the Teacher menu, followed by the Tests sub menu, and finally the Test Assignments sub menu as shown above in the application (highlighted in red).
The top portion of the Test Assignments screen is then displayed as shown below.
The following describes each field 1 through 7 and how it is used to Search for existing tests in the application.
(1) Test Subject is a dropdown list of test subjects created via the Test Subjects screen.
(2) Test Name can be entered fully or as a wildcard search to maximize your search results. The characters entered must exist consecutively. For example, if a test is called Science 101, you can search on ien or e 101. The search will ignore any characters to the left and to the right of the characters entered.
(3) Entered From is a date that when entered will find all tests created from that point in time.
(4) Entered To is a date that when entered will find all tests created up until that point in time.
Note: If both dates are entered, tests will be returned that fall within the date range. If both dates are left blank, the date filters are ignored. This rule applies to all the filters above.
(5) To clear the above filters, press the Clear button.
(6) To find the tests based on your search criteria, press the Search button. Only tests that have at least one assigned question will display in the grid as shown below.
(7) To display the students assigned or yet to be assigned a test, click a test row above. The students will display in another grid as show below.
The following describes each field 1 through 4 and how it is used to assign a student a test.
(1) Check/Uncheck All checkbox when pressed will select all students. Press again to unselect.
(2) SEL checkbox when pressed will select the student to be assigned the test. Press again to unselect.
(3) Date Due informs the student the date the test is to be completed.
(4) To assign the students the test, press the Update button. A message will display indicating that the students were assigned the test successfully.
After a student begins a Test, the grid will be updated as shown below.
The following describes each field 1 through 6 and how you can maintain a student test when it is "In Progress" by the student.
(1) SEL checkbox is disabled after the test has been assigned. To unassign the test, you must first delete the student's test (5).
(2) Date Due is disabled after the test has been assigned. To changed the due date, you must first Reset (4) or Delete (5) the student's test.
(3) Status shows "In Progress" when a test has been started by a student, but not yet finished or graded.
(4) Reset allows the Teacher to reset the student's test. Reset means the student is allowed back into the test in order to make changes if they are locked out in the case of time-based test (6). If time-based, a popup screen will display in front of the Test Assignments screen allowing the teacher at their discretion to adjust the remaining time in minutes as shown below. After updating the time, click the OK button.
Note: The Reset link will display when the student test Status is "In Progress" ONLY for a time-based test. If not time-based, the Reset link will ONLY display when the test Status is "Complete".
After the Reset, the grid will be updated as shown below. The Reset link is removed (1) and the Time is updated (2) from the popup box shown above.
(5) Delete allows the Teacher to delete the student's test. Delete deletes the entire student test as if the student never took it.
(6) Time displays the amount of time the student has to complete the test. When the time runs out, the student's test will submit automatically for grading and will change the student test Status to "Complete" whether the student was finished or not.
After the student completes the test, the grid will be updated as shown below. The Status is now "Complete" (1) and both the Reset (2) and Delete (3) links are displayed.
Hovering over some of the controls will display tooltips.